I’ve been spying pretty elbow and knee patches around the internet and I wanted to get in on the fun. Here’s a DIY if you’d like to make some too!
You will need:
- A pair of skinny jeans. I love Old Navy’s jeans because I know what size works for me(“Diva” with the short people length) and cuts down on jean shopping time, ha! I buy all my jeans from Plato’s Closet(a secondhand store) for $8.
- 1/4 yard of fabric for the knee patches. I used a brown tweed.
- Embroidery floss that matches the stitching on your jeans.
- Embroidery Needle.
I made a rough oval pattern that you’re welcome to download and print for your patches.
1. Cut out an oval shape(be sure to leave a seam allowance if you want your ovals larger) and pin it to your fabric. Cut around the edges so that you have four ovals by the end!
2. Next, with the fabric facing each other, sew around the the edges of your oval. (I used a 3/8” seam allowance). Leave an inch or two unsewn, so you can pull it right side out.
3. Once you’ve sewn around the edges, pull your ovasl right side out. You can handstitch the openings shut with regular thread, but I just tucked them in and sewed them closed with the embroidery thread later on.
4. Put your jeans on and place and pin the oval patches on your knees where you would like them.
5. And then hand stitch on the patches with embroidery floss. I pulled the floss apart so I only was used three strands to stitch with!
Outfit Details: Whole outfit thrifted!
If you end up making these, let me know! <3
those are pretty rad! i like the tweed fabric you used too it contrasts well with the jeans. and on another note…your boots are awesome where did you get those! lol message me back i want a pair!